Diving into the world of electrolyte supplements can be overwhelming with so many options available. In this review, we're putting Liquid IV's Lemon Lime flavor under the microscope and comparing it with Cardnl's Essential Electrolytes. Let's break down the differences.
Cost and Serving Details
- Lowest Cost per Serving: $1.43
- Highest Cost per Serving: $1.85
- Lowest Cost per Serving: $0.80
- Highest Cost per Serving: $1.07
Electrolyte Content Per Serving
- Total Electrolytes per Serving: 910mg (Potassium 380mg, Sodium 530mg, Magnesium 0mg)
- Total Electrolytes per Serving: 1,320mg (Sodium 830mg, Potassium 250mg, Magnesium 240mg)
Liquid IV (Lemon Lime Flavor):
- Allulose*, Citric Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, Potassium Citrate, Salt, Natural Flavors, Sodium Citrate, Silicon Dioxide, Stevia Leaf Extract (Rebaudioside A), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Malic Acid, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin). *adds a trivial amount of sugar
- Redmond Real Salt, Magnesium Malate, Potassium Citrate, Citric Acid, Reb M Stevia.
Natural Flavors and Sweeteners
Cardnl avoids the use of "natural flavors," while Liquid IV includes them in their ingredient list. The term "natural flavors" can be ambiguous, making it challenging to discern its exact composition. If you're keen on sidestepping potential "fillers" or unclear ingredients, Cardnl's transparency offers an added layer of trust.
Liquid IV uses Stevia Leaf Extract (Rebaudioside A) as a sweetener. In contrast, Cardnl specifically opts for Reb M Stevia.
Reb M Stevia stands out as superior when compared to other stevia variants, like Reb A, primarily due to its taste profile. Reb A can sometimes leave a bitter aftertaste, whereas Reb M Stevia delivers a sweetness reminiscent of sugar without the associated calories. This characteristic makes Reb M Stevia a favored choice for sweetening, especially in health-centric products where taste and zero-calorie content are paramount. The lack of a bitter aftertaste ensures a delightful flavor experience, rendering products containing Reb M Stevia more palatable to consumers.
Shipping and Availability
- Liquid IV: Offers free shipping on all orders over $20.
- Cardnl: Provides free shipping on EVERY order.
Conclusion When comparing Liquid IV's Lemon Lime with Cardnl's Essential Electrolytes, Cardnl emerges as a clear winner in terms of electrolyte content per serving and cost-effectiveness. While Liquid IV brings a unique blend of ingredients to the table, Cardnl's transparency, higher electrolyte content, and use of Reb M Stevia make it a top choice for those prioritizing hydration and value.